IdahoReporter.com is your source for uniquely watchdog and free-market oriented coverage of state government agencies, the Legislature and state elected officials.
Our team of reporters believes that accurate, fair and complete coverage of government is essential for the development of sound public policy and an informed citizenry.[/info]
Additionally, we believe that too often, the legacy news media merely serve as surrogates for statism and for big government solutions by failing to ask basic questions that should be part of all debates on public policy ideas:
- Is it the proper role of government?
- Does it restrict freedom, expand government, limit economic opportunity or transfer wealth from one class of people to another?
- Are there private sector solutions to the problem being debated by the government?
- Is there evidence that the government solution will actually work, or are we merely assuming that because government is proposing a solution, it will work?
- Do current programs do what they promised they would do? Is money being spent properly?
- Are our politicians being consistent, accurate and honest in their handling of public policy matters and in the offices entrusted to them?
We ask questions that few others are willing to ask, because we are not afraid to say, openly and honestly, “we believe in excellence in journalism” and “we believe in free markets.”
When we say, “IdahoReporter.com is your source” for news, we really mean it! Don’t be shy. Steal our stuff. Use it!
We provide our nonpartisan, unbiased, and without opinion news and information about government actions and proposals for use by the general public, elected officials and the news media.
- As part of our mission to supply robust, far reaching coverage of Statehouse and government news, we encourage all Idaho news broadcasters, media organizations and citizen journalists to “steal our stuff.”
- Use our journalism in your publications, broadcasts, postings, tweets, etc. We do ask that you are mindful of our broad copyright policy and give credit when credit is due.
We also ask that you let us know if you are a regular user of our content and that you provide feedback on our work so we can continually improve to make our news products better for our direct and indirect users.
Finally, please note that IdahoReporter.com does not endorse candidates or specific legislation. IdahoReporter.com is a product of the Idaho Freedom Foundation, a nonprofit, nonpartisan education and policy research organization based in Boise, Idaho.